6: Chance Encounter
Both warbands have completed their daily search of the ruins and are on their way back to their encampment when they run into each other. Neither side was expecting a fight, and the warband that reacts the quickest has the advantage.
Each player takes it in turn to place a piece of terrain, either a ruined building, tower, or other similar item. We suggest that the terrain is set up within an area roughly 4' x 4'.
- Each player rolls a D6. The player with the higher score can choose to deploy first or second.
- The first player to deploy sets up his entire warband in deployment zone A as shown below. He may choose which quarter of the table to nominate as deployment zone A.
- The second warband can then be set up in deployment zone B, but no model may be set up within 14" of any enemy model.
| | |
| A | |
| | |
| | B |
starting the game
Each player rolls a D6 and adds the normal Initiative of their leader. The player with the higher score goes first.
Each warband is carrying D3 shards of wyrdstone at the beginning of the battle. Mark down the number each warband has.
ending the game
The battle ends when one warband fails a Rout test. The routing warband loses.
- +1 Survives. If a Hero or a Henchman group survives the battle then they gain +1 Experience.
- +1 Winning Leader. The leader of the winning warband gains +1 Experience.
- +1 Per Enemy Out of Action. Any Hero earns +1 Experience for each enemy he puts out of action.
Both warbands gain all the wyrdstone they were carrying at the beginning of the battle, minus the number of their own Heroes that were taken out of action during the game, down to a minimum of zero. In addition, they gain one extra shard of wyrdstone for each enemy Hero they take out of action, up to the maximum number of shards the opposing warband was carrying at the beginning of the battle.